JAMAICA INTERNATIONAL REGGAE FILM FESTIVAL 2017
Reggae Film Festival returns February 2017
“We regret to inform you that The Jamaica International
REGGAE FILM FESTIVAL Feb.2017
EVENT IS CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.”
The Reggae Film Festival began in 2008 with 3 nights of films and was been presented each year until 2013 showing Feature, Documentary, Animated films and Music Videos that highlight and showcase Jamaica’s Reggae Culture in music history, personalities, film soundtracks, and music videos.
The RFF has also provided an opportunity for the Jamaican audience to see international films of merit that are not necessarily related to reggae culture, but which have displayed excellent film production. An innovation of the RFF is the ‘Make A Film In 24 Hours’ competition that has attracted amateurs and professionals The festival also exposed the talents of Jamaican animators, beginning in its 2010 event.
The REGGAE FILM FESTIVAL has been presented in Spain at Rototom Reggae Sunsplash, London at the O2 Arena, at the One Love Reggae Festival in, Kent, England, as well as in Serbia for the Jamaica 50 Celebrations. The event has screened films from the USA, UK, Germany, Canada, Spain, Brazil, Hawaii, Serbia, Cuba, New Zealand, Austria, France, Israel, Italy and the Caribbean islands.
NEW IN 2017
In 2017 the REGGAE FILM FESTIVAL will expand on its original format by emphasizing the Reggae and Festival aspects of the event, in several ways:
* The Festival venue will be open all day, with booths available for vendors selling and promoting reggae-related products, including music, books, craft items and food. Musicians, producers and record labels are invited to host hospitality booths showcasing their music and artists.
* A feature Seminar of the Festival will focus on the methodology, style and action necessary to take Jamaican films to international screening and distribution.
* A Book Fair will feature a Lecture on Reggae Literature by John Masouri, the author of a new book on Peter Tosh.
* A VIP Hospitality Suite will be open daily to provide opportunities for members of the Reggae Industry to meet and interact with fans and to screen their music videos. There will be a live Showcase by Reggae artists to close the final night Awards Ceremony.
* Award-winning films of the 2017 RFF will be included in a programme of the Best of the Reggae Film Festival, London, England, July 27-29, 2017.
The REGGAE FILM FESTIVAL will present Awards in several categories, including
- Best Jamaican Feature Film, Best International Feature Film, Best Jamaican Documentary, Best Director and Best Screenplay.
Entries can be made using Film Freeway and more information can be had at https://filmfreeway.com/festival/JamaicaInternationalREGGAEFILMFESTIVAL